What is A.M.M Murugappa Chettiar Centenary Scholarship ?
The AMM Foundation has launched a special scholarship from the year 2013-2014. This Scholarship reaches out to poor, meritorious students pursuing professional courses in Government and Government aided colleges. This is a full-fee scholarship and supports the students through the course.
The main objective of the scholarship is
- To extend financial support throughout the course for the selected scholars
- To provide them with opportunities to hone the skill and attitudes required for a successful career and life.
What is Eligibility Criteria ?
- Applicable only for Engineering/Medical Courses Students and from other disciplines in exceptional cases
- Academic criteria - Marks 80% in the qualifying examination
- Economic criteria – Monthly Family income not to exceed Rs 10,000
- Social status
- First-generation Learners
- Single parent/No parents
- A parent suffering from a disability
- Students suffering from Disability
- Alcoholic father
- Children who are doing part-time jobs to support their studies
Victim of natural disaster (within Three years of the disaster
Watch this Video to see How to Apply for scholarship
How to Apply?
Step 1: Visit the link http://www.ammfoundation.org/Scholarship/CentenaryScholarship.html to download the application form.
Step 2: Fill required details.
Step 3: Attach documents.
Step 4: Submit the application form to below address:
New No.3(Old # 2),
Sriram Nagar North Street, Alwarpet,
Chennai – 600 018.
Phone : 2434 1668, 2432 0347, 2433 0128
Fax : 2434 4515
What are Terms & Conditions ?
- Students pursuing their higher studies in Government/Government aided and educational institutions of high reputation only are eligible for the scholarship
- The student should be referred by the Educational Institution
- HOD/Principal needs to certify in the application form the academic performance /character and socio-economic background of the student
- The application must be certified by the Head of the Institution
- The received applications would be shortlisted based on the eligibility criteria
- The shortlisted applicants and their parents would be called for an interview with a panel of experts. The expenditure for the travel and stay will be reimbursed by the Foundation
- Based on the recommendation of the panel the student would be considered for the scholarship